Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of magazines........
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsleica@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 01:45:18 -0000

I subscribe to Amatuer Photographer from the U.S.  It costs about $190/year,
which is a bit pricy.  But it's a weekly, and 15-20 minutes of photo stuff
each week is very nice.  The portfolios are usually of high quality, and the
reviews seem a bit more inclined to criticize something, at least from a
handling persepctive, if nothing else. Rather than the PP in the U.S., which
doesn't seem to dislike anything.  PP doesn't seem to have any head-to-head
comparisons or reviews.  I especially like the classic camera articles about
once/month.

I REALLY liked the UK magazine that was discontinued last year, Photo
Techniques.  I was sorry to see it go, but at least some of its quality got
folded into AP.

If anyone doesn't read AP, it's worth the subscription to me.  Just don't
get the 3rd class, it takes FOREVER to get to the U.S., and you can get 4-6
weeks gaps around holiday time.  Go for the class that ships it via air to
the U.S, and then redistributes it via ground here.  I only have about a 2
week delay.

Skip

Address ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@pobox.com
This email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and
posting purposes. I read the list via the web archives.
I will not notice any private messages addressed to this email address.