Subject: Re: [Leica] Heavy Duty Travel Case Recommendations Needed
From: Daniel Bowdoin <danlb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 08:17:00 -0700

Greg Locke wrote

>At 11:25 PM 5/28/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>>Hello there.  I'm going to be doing some heavy
>>travelling and need either a Pelican or Halliburton case to travel
>>my equipment.  I needed some recommendations.
>
>Either will do the job for you... but get the black ones.
>A number of years ago cargo handlers/thieves discovered those big shiny,
>techie looking cases were a good target.
>
>As always, and in true Leica fashion, keep a low profile.
>
>An alternet option is the standard Samsonite hard shell suit case on rollers.
>VERY common and no one pays attention.
>
>have a good trip.

If you finally settle on one of the aluminum cases, especially the shiny
Halliburton type, you might want to consider a Lightware "ugly cover" for
it. An odd, but rather effective, product which I've used from time to
time for many years.

http://www.lightwareinc.com/index_3.html

Cordially

Dan Bowdoin