Subject: [Leica] Re: Tri-elmar and Bokeh
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 08:39:59 -0700

Bokeh, is truly a personal and very subjective property. It does not seem
to be congruent with modern lens design. Erwin has never been a proponent
of describing Bokeh and to attempt to quantify it would be a lifetime job.
And in the end, it is all subjective to each viewer. It is not like
quantifying resolution or centering or pincushion. For Erwin (or anyone
else) to attempt to put a qualitative value on Bokeh, is not in anyone's
interest. It cannot be done.

Jim