Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Gallery
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:48:29 -0500

I would feel that since they are either owned by Leica or directly connected
with them that we as a group would be more friendly toward them. After all,
this is the Leica Users Group. If we can't make them feel welcome here on
this list it could get back to Solms and that would be sad. While we don't
always agree with Leica on products, quality, etc., they should still feel
welcome to participate and know that we revere their products and are loyal
to them. The Leica market is small enough that we don't want to leave an
impression with them that we are rude and unfriendly. How then would we
expect for them to listen to us and take us seriously? We can still politely
and kindly let people know the policies without being unfriendly. I want
Solms to feel that they can benefit by monitoring this list and occasionally
participate without being pushed out by remarks like these. How much more
would we all benefit by having their respect and ear? I say this not to
Sonny, but to us all.

I think Sonny feels badly now that many people have commented and I would
like to say to Rose and Jay that we appreciate their participation and
encourage them to share more with us when they can. Yes, we do usually only
post "for sale" items on Friday. That being said, I would like for them to
post news of the shows at the Gallery and anything else Leica feels would be
of interest to us all.

Tom Henson

<Sonny Carter wrote>

OK, I give.  My work these days is primarily done in a
University Library, and I'm not "book-challenged."

It just seemed to me that we risk opening the floodgates to
everyone.  (Wanna buy some Cub Scout Popcorn?)

Regards,
SonC