Subject: RE: [Leica] R screens
From: Gunalan S <GunaS@consortio.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:05:13 -0700

Dear Luggers,

 I just picked up a used R4 ground glass grid screen and tried it on my RE
body. I found the ground glass grid screen to be at least 1-1.5 stops darker
compared to my standard split micro prism screen in my RE body.

Is this expected of the older screens? Are the newer screens which are
currently sold much better?

I would like to find out if there were variations in quality of the screens
produced over the years.

I am looking at getting this screen Hilux treated by Bill Maxwell and hope
someone will be able to shed some light if the screen that i have would
benefit from this treatment or shall i be better off getting a new screen
and having it Hilux treated?

TIA..

guna