Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital cropping
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:15:07 -0500

Sam,

I'm wondering if you use zoom lenses with your Nikons, and if that makes a
difference in why you don't crop those negs. I mean, certainly that's the
only advantage I know to using zoom lenses. You can frame everything just
the way you want at the time of exposure.

BTW, which M do you own that doesn't show exactly what's on the neg?

Dave

>>Being one that crops tries never to crop 35mm, when the image was created
with my Nikons (F5 /F3HP), cropping is not exceptable.  Both the F5 and F3
shows you 100% of what will be on the neg. I feel I should be skilled
enough to see it in the camera or to live with it....

On the other hand, my M6 does not show me exactly want is on the neg.  I
don't have the control over what exactly is going to be on the neg like I do
with my two Nikon's.  I am more willing to crop, assuming it is not part of
a series.<<