Subject: RE: [Leica] A Red Dot story
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:34:56 -0700

I understand your feelings, and obviously I share them to an extent.  OTOH, I've seen some of the stuff my buddy has done with his F5 and a 200 Micro (on manual focus) or some of his recent stuff with that 80-400, and I have to say it works for him.  Obviously, it complements his vision perfectly.  Interestingly, one of the things that bugs him the most about Leicas is their small size.  They feel uncomfortable, insecure and fiddly to him.  That, combined with not knowing how the picture is "really" going to look, and the lens always sticking into the side of the VF is enough to make him prefer his F5.

Paul