Subject: Re: [Leica] 100 macro elmar bellows modifications
From: "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 22:09:47 -0500

Aram,
   My Macro- Elmar 100, f4 #2416xxx has  *no* cams at all.  I use it on a
Leitz bellows R and it must be manually opened to focus and stopped down to
expose.  I use it mostly on Aperture Priority on a R-4 and it works well.
There is a lever for aperture control but no cams of any kind since this
lens will not mount on a body but is for bellows use only.  Is your lens a
"short mount" like this or is it the 100mm that has a focusing ring and can
be used directly on a body?
  I am not familiar with the Novoflex bellows, but most bellows are not
coupled to the lens and require manual stop down or a double cable release.
You should be able to use Aperture priority on most bellows if you stop the
lens down before releasing the shutter.

If you need a cam added, there were several posts to the LUG today on this
topic.
Tom Furlotte
Memphis TN USA

tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com