Subject: RE: [Leica] No more leicas
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:09:15 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: "Vozeh, Colin" <cvozeh@longitude.com>
To: "'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'"
<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: May 31, 2001 12:33:04 PM GMT

And I still feel that for ultimate precision, nothing beats
careful autofocus, spot metering, and auto-bracketing.
<<<

You're kidding, right?  AF can provide a close approximation of perfect
focus but for real precision, turn the sucker off and use a magnifier on
ground glass.  I agree re: spot metering but auto-bracket??  It's a shotgun
approach which has little to do with precision, and more to do with either
being in a hurry or not knowing how to use a spot meter.  AF and
auto-bracket can be useful in some situations, but precision?  No.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com