Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: cropping, personal opinion
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:05:20 -0400

on 5/31/01 10:39 AM, Jim Brick at jim_brick@agilent.com wrote:

> Pardon my shyness and I'm not singling anyone out as I don't know the
> origin of this insanity, but whom ever it was that said "no cropping!" "You
> must print everything on the negative/positive right out to the edge," in a
> photographic moron.

No-one said that. You are tilting against windmills.

A few folks said they preferred to print full frame and gave interesting
reasons.

I prefer to print full frame when I can. It's not a law, just something I
feel good about when I do it.

I also like to print film edges sometimes. It is a way of saying: "here it
is, no more and no less".

I guess that makes me dumb and my pictures ugly.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com