Subject: [Leica] Abrahamson winder
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:28:28 EDT

Hi folks!

Thank you all so much for your references! I appreciate it! I do indeed carry
these winders under normal circumstances, and I am a real admirer of Tom's
ingenuity and attention to quality, but I don't have the winders right now.

At the current moment I am trying to fill back orders on the rapidwinder. As
it turns out I took more orders than I could fill before Tom went on hiatus.

Probably most of you know as it was already announced on the list:

Tom has a health problem that makes it difficult for him to walk around right
now and do the intensive physical labor involved in making a rapid winder.
There is more to it than meets the eye!

He mentioned to me he will be holding off until at least late summer because
of this problem.

We wish him the speediest of recoveries and I hope that soon I will dig up
enough rapid winders from around the world to cover the orders that I have
taken.

Tom has mentioned that he is looking into several solutions to put rapid
winder production back on line...but in the meantime I guess we must all be
patient!

We wish Tom the best of health and luck in taking care of himself and while
he is "down" his presence will be sorely missed in the entire Leica community!

cheers,
Rich