Subject: Re: [Leica] Mistake #1487
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:28:16 -0700

Disfromage@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/30/01 11:25:19 PM, sld@earthlink.net writes:
>
> >Try chromium intensifier on a select roll and see where it takes you.
>
> Slobodan,
> I thought of that, but I think I'll try selenium toner first to see if I can
> bump the contrast up a bit.
> Richard Wasserman

You already checked and you can do one and then the other?

I found that selenium doe not seem to do much visibly to the negs but they sure
print snappier; at least with cold light!

I chromium intensified only once in Northfield Ill 1966 and those negs were so
reticulated as the wash water was a little cold that I'm sure that texture was
used as a model for the Photoshop filter! the Tri x in chromium algorithm!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

- -- CHROMIUM INTENSIFIER, Ilford I.In-3

BICHROMATE STOCK SOLUTION
Potassium Bichromate	100.0 grams
Water to make	1.0 liter

This solution keeps indefinitely.

BLEACHING SOLUTION A
Bichromate stock solution	100.0 ml
Hydrochloric Acid (conc.)	2.4 ml
Cold water to make	1.0 liter

BLEACHING SOLUTION B
Bichromate stock solution 100.0 ml
Hydrochloric Acid (conc. ) 12.0 ml
Water to make 1.0 liter

The bleaching solution should be freshly made. Solution A gives more
intensification than Solution B. Immerse the washed negative into either of
these solutions until it is entirely bleached, wash until the yellow stain is
completely removed, and redevelop in strong artificial light or subdued daylight
(NOT direct sunlight, which will cause stains!) with any negative developer such
as Ilford ID-36. Wash thoroughly.

good luck Richard you may need it!

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Mistake #1487)