Subject: Re: [Leica] A Red Dot story
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:10:55 -0700

Andrew wrote:
>>> Ted, please tell me you have an assistant or a pack mule.  Reading this
> makes *my* back hurt! :)<<<<

Hi Andrew,
I pretty well worked as a lone wolf for the bulk of my career until after I
turned 65, then I began hiring assistants as required. Until Sandy Carter
came along and now she's an associate and business manager as much as an
assistant. Best organizer in the business apart from her ability as one heck
of a good shooter with her M6 and Aspheric 35 1.4 .

But the years of moving gear to assignment locations played havoc on the
back and shoulders, however, it was my first and only solo parachute jump to
celebrate my 65 birthday that didn't do me any favours for carrying
equipment either! ;-)   But then that's another story. :-)

No I didn't take pictures, but number one son did video of the crash and
burn landing! :-(  I figured just driving the para was job enough without
shooting an M6 on the way down and it was a good thing, as  it might have
been my last best pictures. ;-) hell of a ride though. :-)

Actually in some work modes depending on the assignment, all you do is throw
the M cameras around your neck, three M's, longest lens, a 90 on the bottom
camera, Noctilux in the middle and a wide, 21, 35 or the 15mm on the top
camera.

Two R8 cameras with motors on the left shoulder, the third R8 on the right
and Bob's yer uncle and away you go happy snapping the world before you.  No
no no not street pictures where I only use a couple of M's at the most and
many cases only one and that doesn't hurt the back at all.

So there you go eh? :-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant