Subject: Re: [Leica] what proportion of the picture is the image at the Finder.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:49:25 -0600

I have not seen an answer to your question so I will inexpertly step in and
I hope that someone will correct any mistakes I make.

There are no 100% finders in the Leica reflex range. They are all about 93%
of the negative area which is 23mm x 35mm. This is the area of a mounted
slide. I think that 100% finders are only useful if you use negative film or
unmounted chome. The 93% finder is perfect for mounted chrome use. I had a
Nikon F3, which also has a 100% finder, and I would have to be careful at
the edges because what I saw, I would not get in a mounted chrome.

John Collier