Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty & New vs. Used
From: Tristan Tom <tristan@tristantom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 19:40:33 -0700

i was speaking with the Leica reps at the local Leica day a few weeks
ago and just out of curiousity, i asked the rep. what the turnaround
time for simple Leica M6 work is under Passport warranty. they
replied that it was about 3 weeks. i told them that while not totally
outrageous, it could be better. I've had Nikons back to me within
about a week and a half. they agreed and told me that they can also
do CLAs under warranty for no charge. if i wanted to send my M6 in to
them every year for a CLA i could. not that i would, but i probably
will just before my 3 years are up!

one thing that's nice about the passport warranty is that they will
repair the m6 free of charge no matter how extensive the damage is
and no matter how it occurred, even if it's your fault. sounds pretty
good to me, compared with other manufacturers warranties...

- --

Tristan Tom
<http://tristantom.com/>

Replies: Reply from "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Warranty & New vs. Used)