Subject: [Leica] Re: Warranty & New vs. Used
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:04:04 -0400

The very few times I have bought new Leica lenses without the full national
importer's warranty (either USA Passport or the Canadian equivalent) I have deeply
regretted it. While the company does service them, they seem to get less priority. I
have never bought a new Leica camera without the official warranty and don't ever
plan to - it is simply too risky. I suppose one could take a chance when buying an
accessory viewfinder, lens shade etc. - not much can go wrong. But diaphragm
mechanisms fail; inner coating flake; lens elements scratch; shutters and electronics
and rangefinders go out of whack. Things fall apart.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Warranty & New vs. Used)