Subject: RE: [Leica] pity me!
From: "Bill" <bnelsch@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:49:21 -0600

ROFLMAO!

Bill (tears in his eyes) in Denver

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Kyle
Cassidy
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 9:14 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] pity me!

after the rupturing of my M6, i'm left with what's at the bottom of the
camera closet, this creaky old M3 that i'd been trying to ditch -- this
camera is crazy!

some of my big problems with it:

1) i can't figure out how to get the batteries in it, and i
   know it needs batteries, cause the light meter isn't working.

2) i can't figure out how to get the 28mm frame lines to come
   up. i'm finding it much harder to invade anyone's personal
   space with this crazy telephoto 50mm lens!

3) it takes 20 minutes to rewind -- yesterday, while i was
   rewinding, the model called out for chineese and was done
   her soup and egg roll before i got the base plate off. she
   was done her bean curd and mixed vegitables by the time i got
   the @#$@ film loaded on that crazy spool. by the time i got
   the @#$@# camera back together she'd managed to get her shirt
   on and was out the door. i'm going to try
   mounting a dremmel tool to that itty bitty rewind thing.

4) the red dot seems to have fallen off.

5) camera keeps falling off of the tripod. i twist that screw for
   ten minutes, let go, and PLOP! the camera falls to the ground.
   ding 1, ding 2, ding 3, it's like a freaking doorbell around here.

6) it refuses to fire my twinkie light.

until such time as my m6 comes back from the cleaners, i'll be the guy
shaking in the corner.

kc