Subject: Re: [Leica] fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy...
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:02:29 -0600

1) It should take a half an hour of labour and a red shield if the repair
place you have chosen has the right tools and parts. It strikes me that your
camera is not brand new nor treated with kid gloves; so perhaps it may need
something more like a CLA.

2) Hard to say as you seem to imply that the focus was fine before you sent
the lens in. It is easy to check though. Focus on something FAR away (two
miles at least). Does the rangefinder line up correctly with the lens set at
infinity? Take a photo, is the photo sharp? If the photo is sharp the back
focus is fine.

3) When the blood vessels burst in your retinas and your vision goes red...

Good luck,

John Collier