Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm R Lens recommendation
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:02:44 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
To: "'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'"
<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: June 5, 2001 6:39:11 PM GMT

I once read that the 35/2-R was designed with emphasis on contrast over
resolution. I don't know if that's the case, but it sounded interesting. I
have a late 35/2-R and it's a great lens. It's fantastic paired with
Kodachrome -- or any b/w film.
<<<

If that's true I'd be curious to see what an emphasis on resolution would
have produced.  As it is the resolution is great, and the contrast,
especially the lack of veiling flare, is exceptional.  A former LUGger
mentioned some flare in odd circumstances, like when the sun was in certain
places outside the field of view but I suspect that was from reflections
inside the camera's mirror chamber.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com