Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm M Lens recommendation (WAS: 35mm R Lens recomm
From: Tindalcor <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 01 23:36:18 -0400

>I plan on
>shooting the 28 at f8 and zone focusing mostly anyway (for street work), so
>the extra stop doesn't make a huge difference to me (I have the 35/1.4 asph
>for low light work).
>
>So many choices,
>Dan

     --> I had been under the impression the newer 24mm M
           was an astounding reference in the real world.
           Since you own the Summilux 35 f/1.4,
           would it not be wise to add a new column
           to your "short list" for a LEICA 24mm asph M,
           photo wise ?
           You probably received the e-mail where LEICA
           announces a new metal viewfinfer for the 21-24-28mm ?

           For years, I had grown accustomed to use my 28mm lens
           almost exclusively (NOT a LEICA ... ), but I have lots
           of 25mm experience and I really wonder what choice
           I'd make between their newest 24mm and 28mm ...
           Image composition can be tricky at 24mm, especially
           with converging lines, as in "over composed" for "effect"
           rather than reach for an "inner eye" view of the subject and
scene
           in the final print, sequence or collection.

           It's easy to get addicted to a 28mm but, system wise,
           it's too close to your 35mm at the sort of prices LEICA
           equipment commands. I make this comment with those
           "stellar" reviews of the LEICA-M 24mm asph in mind.

           Andre Jean Quintal