Subject: RE: [Leica] 28mm M Lens recommendation
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:38:20 -0400

Bob,

> How 'bout the Konica 28?  Photodo rates it a whisker above the Elmarit-M
> (and equal to the Zeiss Contax G 28 except for higher distortion).

I am indeed considering this, especially since I plan on wedding my 28 to
the Hexar RF body.  Seems logical, doesn't it?

> Or is there some reason to worry about Brand "K" mating coupling
> to a Leica M body?

This concerns me a bit, but I think Paul's recent message (restating Dante's
observation) about the film rails on the Hexar RF explains away the apparent
backfocus problem.  Still, I'd love to hear experiences from anyone who's
actually used the Konica 28 on a Leica M body.  My guess is that there's no
problem.

Dan