Subject: RE: [Leica] 28mm M Lens recommendation (WAS: 35mm R Lens recomm
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:46:06 -0500

Andre

>>It's easy to get addicted to a 28mm but, system wise,
           it's too close to your 35mm at the sort of prices LEICA
           equipment commands.<<

I assume you mean too close in terms of focal length. I find the focal
lengths to be very different. On an M for me the 28 is wide, the 35 is
normal and the 50 is a tele.

Here's a link to a photograph I took with the 28/2.8 Elmarit wide open. I
shows something that I like about the 28; the background is recognizable,
but out of focus enough that it doesn't distract. The two people would have
dominated the image more had I used a 35mm lens. They were co-workers of
mine. We were several months into an Oracle ERP system install and as I
recall, a little fatigued at the time.

BTW, this is a third generation jpg. One of my very first attempts at
scanning over two-years ago. Back then I mistakenly saved averything in
compressed jpg format. Add to that scratches, poor color, bad levels, etc.
Found it in a temp directory while cleaning up my hard drive yesterday.

I had this at 1/15th sec, but I think it was shot at 1/8th. No flash for me!

http://spokes.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$90

Dave