Subject: Re: [Leica] somewhat OT: seeking film/devo combination reference
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 12:27:01 -0700

><Snip>
>     The Film Developing Cookbook
>     by Stephen G. Anchell, Bill Troop (Plastic Comb)
>
>     The Darkroom Cookbook
>     by Stephen G. Anchell, Steve Anchell (Paperback - December 1994)
>
> which IMO no b/w photographer should be without.
>
> --
> John Brownlow

Holy smokes! The Darkroom Cookbook by Stephen G. Anchell used to be Plastic Comb
too but is not smooth and green the book has been completely redone based on the
chemistry Anchell learned from Troop in doing  The Film Developing Cookbook.
Anchell admits he flunked chemistry in high school or college! My main guy for sure!!
Anyway a LOT happened between  December 1994) and the year 2000!.
(the 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy. But these are new. They
look human. Sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot.)
Lots more on Xtol and ascorbic acid developers and Pyro. You name it!
Stephen G. Anchell comes into his own. Discovers his true self! Writes green
book! Makes money!

It's the first book i grab now in most cases.
http://www.bhusa.com/focalbooks/us/subindex.asp?maintarget=&isbn=&country=United+States&srccode=&ref=&subcode=&head=

a better 30 bucks i've never spent!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon