Subject: [Leica] pix, my life, and all that....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:11:31 -0400 (EDT)

hey kids -- since this PAW monster took on a life of it's own, i've kept
pretty quiet as i don't think most of my stuff was anything special, but i
have a few that might bear a glance:

week 22 was one of those "within 20 feet of my house" projects and it came
out well:

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2001/22/index.html

playing around with lighting etc.

week 21 my life as fashion:

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2001/21/index.html

there's also a new emily shot in there, i'm still on that project. (for
those of you who care, her life has improved drastically in the last four
months.)

week 20 was spent in the garden staring bugs in the face:

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2001/20/index.html

and weeks 18 and 19 i spent doing a leica photo essay in the wissahickon
valley:

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2001/18/index.html

i've also made two significant changes in my PAW's, first of all, i'm
not segregating alternates, and secondly, i'm trying to write more. i was
once told by a fameous photographer that each image has to stand on its
own and i struggled with that and lately came to realize that its wrong to
think that text and image can't be dependant upon one another -- at least
this is my art and i need to go in that direction. the thing that most
fascinates me about photography is when it is used as visual diary -- i
realize only now that this PAW has been my diary for the past year and a
half and that i need to be putting more than just pictures in it.

anyway, thanks for your time and energy,

kc

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] pix, my life, and all that....)