Subject: Re: [Leica] Desktop scans vs drum scans for Leica images
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 8 Jun 2001 13:15:30 -0700

On Fri, 08 June 2001, "Rodgers, David" wrote:

> I've been scanning Leica negs and trannies for nearly two years. I've often
> wondered whether a drum scan would be better than using my trusty Coolscan
> for some images. I came across the following link. It has some practical and
> interesting answers.
>
> http://www.marginalsoftware.com/Scanner/Scanner_Intro.htm

I've also wondered what differences I'd see comparing drum scans vs. the Pro PhotoCD scans I've been using for the majority of my prints.  West Coast Imaging's teaser sale on 100mb Tango drum scans finally convinced me to try one.  The scan should be done early next week.  I'll post a message when the photo is on-line.  WCi's web address is:

http://www.westcoastimaging.com

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com