Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG: Your Softie
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 12:20:25 -0700

A couple of years back I saw just such an exhibition at the San Francisco
Museum of Modern Art!  I went there to see the Carleton Watkins exhibit, and
stopped downstairs to see the more modern photo exhibits.  Out of focus,
diagonal pictures of feet, streets, etc.  And to think I was throwing those
first frames away all those years.

The really corker was a pure white painting - 3 narrow, tall, canvases of
pure white paint.  The proverbial white rabbit on a snow field.  Not even
brush strokes -- the plaque said it conveys the  absence of artistic input!
If that is museum grade, I should get the Power Painter down and knock out a
few dozen in an afternoon.

Tom Schofield

Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] LUG: Your Softie)
Message from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] LUG: Your Softie)