Subject: RE: [Leica] 80mm Summilux age (more ...)
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 00:25:04 -0400

Andy,

> I've started to play with the 100mm2.8 APO  and just got the Summilux-R
> 50mm.   I'll post some photos to give you all a feel of the new lenses.

Great.  Just what I don't need to see as I struggle mightily to avoid the
considerable expense of this kit.  But I can see it is useless as long as I
continue to get LUG mail.  Already the LUG PAWs and galleries have spoiled
me for anything but Leica produced images, with their unique signature 3-D
effect, incredible contrast, color balance and bokeh.

Argh.  If only I'd never seen a single image made with a Leica or Zeiss
lens.  I'd still be blissfully ignorant, shooting away with my Epic Stylus
and wondering what to do with all that money in the bank....

Dan