Subject: Re: [Leica] Does the Soft Release damage the shutter release?
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 07:34:30 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 09/06/01 12:24:16 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
wajsman@webshuttle.ch a écrit :

> As you may recall, Otto asked a question earlier this week about an M6
>  he had bought on which the shutter release button did not always release
>  in a nice way. Well, he bought the M6 from me, and he and I will resolve
>  the issue in private. But now I have a question: the reason I did not
>  notice it myself is that I always use Soft Releases on my Ms. This means
>  that the shutter button is more or less permanently pressed on when the
>  cameras are in the tight-fitting Domke bag. Can this be the reason for
>  the problem with the M6 Otto bought from me, and am doing similar damage
>  to my other M cameras?
>
>  Nathan

Hello Nathan . I don't think so .
I've got 2 M6 . One is different from the other in terms
of release sensitivity .
The last one has to be depressed a longer travel to be released .
On the other hand , I've been using the sofites for quite a while ,
and haven't noticed any change in that .
Just go ahead and craft the SoftLock !

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE
will soon walk with mud covered combat boots...