Subject: [Leica] A Plea For Aid! Brian: DO NOT READ!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 21:31:43 -0400

Our computer guru is Brian Reid.  I have never met him face-to-face, though
Brian and I have two significant common haunts, Pittsburgh and San
Francisco.  Brian it is who gave us the "@" symbol in our e-mail addresses:
 he is a computer guru of worldwide repute and honor.

Brian, for the all of it, tolerates us and helps us by his provision of
24/7 computer service.  We are rarely asked to contribute to this but,
well, folks, this occasion is the exception.

There will be no shame for those who opt out.  This is a matter of respect,
honor, and love, not of obligation -- there are NO holy novenae at play
here!  But, those who wish to join in our common celebration of Brian's
support and sustenance are urged to do so.  Therefore:

1)	All who wish to contribute may do so by contacting me privately by
7/15/01 (okay!  for those in Europe, by 15/7/01!)

2)	Contributions are not set.  One cent or one pence is wonderful.
Contributions, however, of less than $US 5.00 ought to be sent directly to
me for combination ere we send it on.  We currently have 27 signed on, and
Brian uses Leica M, so a decent lens price will be around $1,800 or more --
might I suggest $US 50 is not out of line?

3)	K&S in the Bay Area will be the recipient of the funds, and Brian may
select a lens of his choice.  (I HOPE he opts for the new 2/90 APO
Summicron over those wide-angle doohickies, but, then, who am I to say?)

4)	Posting this is both a painful and happy duty:  nothing comes easy or
free -- in the end, after all, there is no such thing as a free lunch!

5)	DO NOT POST RESPONSES TO THIS TO THE LIST!  SEND RESPONSES TO ME PRIVATELY!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from "Mark E Davison" <dmark8@qwest.net> (Re: [Leica] A Plea For Aid! Brian: DO NOT READ!)