Subject: [Leica] V35 Enlarger With Color Module Newbie Questions
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@home.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 21:14:40 -0600

I have been reviewing old LUG postings and searching elsewhere on the
web for information on the V35 enlarger I recently purchased. One
assertion I am having trouble with is respect to using an easel with
this enlarger.

Specifically, I read a thread where the writer insisted that for the
Auto focus feature of the V35 to function correctly a "Lietz Easel of
(exactly) 25 mm must be used". I have not yet purchased an easel but is
this assertion correct?

The other question is from someone who has only used old Durst B&W
enlargers twice (me) and pertains to the Cyan, Yellow and Magenta
settings on the V35 for B&W prints.

My understanding is that with Agfa grade 2 print paper the initial/basic
settings are as follows:

Cyan dial is always left at Zero.

Yellow is initially set at Zero and increased in increments of 30 to
lower contrast

Magenta is initially set at Zero and increased in increments of 30 to
increase contrast.

Any advice on these issues or other suggestions for using this enlarger
correctly is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta