Subject: Re: [Leica] A strange thing happened to my M6
From: Gilbert Plantinga <gilplant@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 00:18:22 -0400

on 6/9/01 11:28 PM, imagecom@EUnet.yu at imagecom@EUnet.yu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a leica m6 and a strange thing happened. Recently, when I shot
> at 1/1000th of a second, I turned a dial to 1second and while I was
> moving it from 1/2s to 1second I heard a dostinst "click" inside the
> body, not the usual one associated with just changing from one
> exposure to another. Is that normal? Leica user manual does not
> mention it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Milos
One of my M6 TTLs when *new* a year ago did this intermittently when
changing from high speeds (over 1/50) to slower speeds, if the shutter was
uncocked. With the shutter cocked it never did it. Leica NJ checked it out
and said it was normal, but that didn't exactly please me - the behavior was
inconsistent and I can be an anal-retentive fool regarding my Leicas.

Well, actually I'm getting better about that. I have to actually put a lot
of film through the things to come up with one decent picture a week ;)

The "click" went away.

Gilbert