Subject: RE: [Leica] pix, my life, and all that....
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:35:25 -0500

Stephen,

>>Do you think you only see 90 minutes of the director's brain processes
when you watch a movie?

It takes much more effort than just clicking the shutter to make a good
picture.<<

These days it isn't just clicking the shutter. It's getting so
post-shutter-clicking-knowhow is even more important. Photography has always
involved a presentation element. I think that element is becoming more
complex.

While trying to improve one my scanning ability it has occurred to me that
in order to get something at least half way presentable -- inkjet or on the
web -- a person must be able to a) take an asthetically decent, technically
sound photograph, b) scan it well, c) be somewhat proficient in imaging
software, d) be somewhat literate in web -- or worse inkjet -- technologies.
A person can probably eliminate "b" by taking advantage of things like Photo
CD. But still....

Dave