Subject: RE: [Leica] W and Leicas...
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:03:36 +0100

Pascal wrote:

"To keep this on-topic: I paid a careful look at the press center that was
set up especially for the occasion and noticed only a single (elderly) guy
with a battered Leica (an R4 or R5 I guess) on a monopod... An overwhelming
majority of Canon and Nikon AF stuff, howeve. And, LOTS of digital
(especially Nikon D1. The future is here already :-)"

I won't speak for the rest of Europe, but in the UK the D1 is *IT* as far as
press work's concerned. The big papers have closed their wet labs, the
images go to the picture desk via landline or GSM 'phone. If it isn't
digital it isn't in tomorrow's paper.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] W and Leicas...)