Subject: Re: [Leica] what and why you photograph
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:48:09 +0200

Pascal,

I have a couple of ways to solve this dilemma:

- - my family likes to sleep late on vacation, while I always get up at 6, so this
gives me a couple of hours in the morning to explore on my own

- - take trips alone

- - or, as you suggest, join a group of photographers (although this works best for
landscape, I think). You do NOT need to pay enormous amounts to do it with the
Leica Academie. Right in Brussels you have the club Viewfinders, and they
organise at least two substantial trips a year: last year in Canterbury, this
spring in Ireland, in December a workshop with Charlie Waite in Damme etc. It is
a lot cheaper and great fun.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> On 13-06-2001 06:56 Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> > In contrast, my shots from
> > a trip to Rome last year are typical record shots; I was there with my wife
> > and
> > children, and there were too many different agendas to be accomodated.
>
> This is, unfortunately, true for many of us I suspect.
>
> Hence why photographic trips could be interesting, such like those organized
> by the Leica Akademie. But then, you have other family members complaining
> that they cannot join...  A vicious circle :-)
>
> And we don't even speak about the sometimes very high price and other
> inconveniences (German-only) of those Leica Akademie trips :-(
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE
>
> --
> ---------
> Visit my Leica photo pages at http://members.nbci.com/cyberplace
> ---------
> <<< PGP public key available upon request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch