Subject: RE: [Leica] Transferable Leica warranty? and other existentialstuff
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:45:05 -0400

> Hmmm. I was pretty sure my reasoning was sound and I have never seen you
> convinced by any argument to change your opinion. So...

Well, I didn't see what you said as "reasoning", perhaps I'll go re-read it.
To me, warranty is more of a legal issue than a marketing issue.  I also
believe terms of "lifetime" are distinctly different than a specifically
bounded period of time (ie, n years).

> Is there an Austin? I mean has anyone ever actually seen him? Could we
> transfer him some place else if we paid a small fee to cover the
> paper work?

Hum.  I'm game.  I'd like to be transferred to, oh, say...Greece.

;-)