Subject: [Leica] Early M6 query
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:02:58 EDT

I've got a lead on a clean M6 from about 85 and 86 that I've been told is
a Weztlar one.  My chief Leica guru has told me to look for an early M6
before the plastic film counter dial, but not so early that it lacks the
blinking lights.  I haven't heard back from my oracle yet, so I come to
LUG as the source of all knowledge and in the hope that I don't spark a
flame war with my innocent questions.  Is there any advantage to getting
an earlier M6 over a later one?  While I know about the plastic film
counter, when did this modification come in?  Finally, what are the
"blinking lights"?

Bewildered in Ottawa,

Mark

Mark Langer