Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography hints,tips for sharp images
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:17:59 -0700

Rob Heyman wrote:

> I have just one suggestion........Always carry your camera set to infinity.
> You then only have one direction to move the focussing lever, With practice
> you can snap that lever to the correct position and focus faster than any
> auto-focus camera. The focussing is finished before your camera reaches your
> eye. Remember that both the lenses you are using will need the lever at a
> different point for the same distance. e.g. The 35mm Summicron will need the
> lever almost exactly vertical at 4ft while with the 50mm Summicron it is a
> fraction to the left of that point. Become familiar with one lens and then
> learn the other one. You just need to get your head into "35mm mode" and
> then "50mm mode" It is a very efficient way to focus.
> Best of luck, let me know how you fare,
>
> Rob

That sounds like a good plan but Lots of people will walk around with it set to
the hyperfocal distance as i tend to do. Or I'll have the space Scoped out in
front of me say 4 - 12 feet that I've got it focused on. When something happens
i just make sure it is happening in that space.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/