Subject: Re: [Leica] Early M6 query
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:04:24 -0700

At 12:55 PM 6/14/01 -0400, shino@ubspainewebber.com wrote:
>i bet i'm just not reading this quite right.

<sigh>  Yes, I wrote my original post too rapidly and too sloppily.  The
situation is when there is insufficient light reaching the meter to show
that a picture can be successfully taken.  If that situation exists -- be
it from a lens cap being on or from low ambient light -- the later M6's
meter will make the diodes blink.  Obviously, if this lack of sufficient
light is caused by a restricted aperture or too high a shutter speed, then
opening the aperture or selecting a slower shutter speed will cause the
diodes to quit their bloody blinkin'.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!