Subject: [Leica] Angle of View of M-Rokkor 40/2 in M2 Finder
From: CHRISTOPHER.CHEN@customs.treas.gov
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:08:14 -0400

I'm sure this is an elementary optics question, but what exactly is the
angle of view provided by the Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm (or 40mm Summicron) in
an M2 finder? I know the M-Rokkor 40 brings up the 50mm frame line,  but
is the actual angle of view recorded on film simply 1/2-way between the
35mm (approx. 63 degree view) & 50mm (approx. 45 degree view) frames (55
degree view, perhaps?), or is it really closer to 1 frame or the other?
Thanks in advance, Chris

Replies: Reply from "KIMO williamhu99" <williamhu99@kimo.com.tw> (Re: [Leica] Angle of View of M-Rokkor 40/2 in M2 Finder)