Subject: Re: [Leica] Use of Tripod (Was Copyright questions)
From: Jon <vze249jf@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 12:41:58 -0400

They may well have a permit--it doesn't cost anything to get one from the
Mayor's office. I have been on busy corners in NYC obstructing pedestrian
traffic with my tripod and have never had the NYPD ever say anything (well,
one of them did shoot me 36 times, but that was because I bumped him and he
spilled his coffee--just kidding...). I  always have a permit, just in case.