Subject: Re: [Leica] do i deserve to own this leica???
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:55:37 -0400

Kyle-
Is this in the nature of a rhetorical question? :o)
Everyone, at some time or another, has a moment of self doubt, or two...or
three, with the possible exception of Marc Small. So, I would not be too
worried that the Leica Police would some night be knocking at your door to
castigate you and confiscate your Leica(s).
Personally, I have periodic moments of self doubt, some extending for
months, and one notable one for about ten years when I didn't pick up a
camera at all! Of course, Prozac helps me out a lot, but I still feel that I
am merely treading water at best for most of the time, with occasional
attacks of panic as I go under- especially when I see some of the work here!
Sometimes I feel like- "Why bother?" If it were not for the little technical
satisfaction I get diddling in the dark, I might chuck it altogether. Then I
think, "Possibly, just maybe, I can do something...""worthwhile"" (double
quotation marks for a purpose) and feel rewarded!"
Rest assured, your work has merit, if for no other reason than it is
original, it is YOUR vision, and that it brings a degree of satifaction. You
seem to have no lack of ideas, and you are young, and imaginative.
After almost 40 years of dabbling, the best idea I had so far this year came
while at the beach. I noticed that all these ladies would bend over their
bags and accoutrments, never minding where they pointed their sometimes
considerable bums! I remarked to my wife that it seemed that everywhere I
went, some lady was 'taking my picture'- since she had her "brownie" pointed
at me! The best idea I could think of was a series of :bum" pictures, of
various sizes, in various states of attire, and call it the "Great Southern
Adventure"!
So much for MY creativity!
Keep up the good work, and if you do finally decide that you don't deserve a
Leica, call me- I get great satisfation just holding, pointing and clicking
mine! Ooooh, they feel so good!

Dan (Whoooo's yo' Daddy?) Post

Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> ([Leica] do i deserve to own this leica???)