Subject: SV: [Leica] Anarchist riots in Gothenburg
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:50:22 +0200

The real political demonstrations were peaceful affairs with speeches
and cheering and the like.  The riots were a distraction.

While I watched the riots I got the feeling that there was a lot of
mass hysteria in the air and the violence could bubble out anywhere
against anybody or anything.  Like Cryistal Night.  It was like
swimming with sharks.  Sorry, I cannot explain the feeling I had while
I was looking at a bunch of uncontrolled but loosely organised brutes
and bullies.  They were not really frightening in themselves.  I just
used my imagination to envisage what it would feel like if it was ME
they were after.

Alan

- ----------
> Från: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
> Till: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Ämne: Re: [Leica] Anarchist riots in Gothenburg
> Datum:  den 19 juni 2001 20:27
>
> ><Snip>
> > BTW.  The riots were not political, they were an ugly excuse to
> > vandalize.  They were an uncontrolled yet strangely organised and
> > brutal mob on an outing for trouble and for the first time in my
life I
> > got an inkling of what it must have felt like to be a Jew in
Germany in