Subject: Re: [Leica] Copyright questions
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:20:40 +0200

Ray Moth writes:

> What's the difference between an SLR and a
> Leica? My SLR says "LEICA" on the front!

I meant an M-series rangefinder, the type of camera for which Leica is best
known.

Leica SLRs are so hefty that I can't imagine them going unnoticed.

> Here in Indonesia, most stores and supermarkets
> of any size display a sign prohibiting photography.
> I think they do it for security reasons, afraid
> somebody might be "casing the joint".

And of course the bad guys will refrain reliably based on the sign.  They'd
never try to sneak a shot with a small camera!

Some stores supposedly worry a lot about competition, although why someone can't
just look and take notes instead of taking photos is a mystery to me (notepads
are not normally prohibited, as far as I know).