Subject: Re: [Leica] Copyright questions
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 21 Jun 2001 08:36:25 -0700

On Thu, 21 June 2001, "Mxsmanic" wrote:

> Ted Grant writes:
>
> > Well now son tell me and the crew exactly
> > what you heard and what seemed to be the
> > problem?
>
> Essentially that the R series offers no clear advantage over other brands of
> SLRs, except for the glass, and that it lacks many of the more advanced features
> of other makes.

Others have responded well to these misunderstandings.  IMHO the R series, the R8 in particular, offers the advantage of the optics, i.e., the stuff that actually puts the image on the film, and the viewfinder, which makes it easy to see the image I want to put on film.  It lacks the complex user interface of other cameras.

> However, as I've said, I haven't tried an R series camera, so I
> have no personal experience of this.

Do yourself a favor and try an R8 before offering more opinions of it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe