Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert Capa Photo
From: "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:43:54 -0700

>When it comes right down to it, it is impossible to PROVE that this
>photo is genuine or not.  Each individual must look at the photo and
>decide on his gut feeling, using his own experience of life, whether it
>is a fake or not.  It is all a matter of opinion, and as such is quite
>worthless.

Alan,
The above is rather a dogmatic statement from a person whose post is
an argument against that very type of closed minds.
You really don't mean it impossible to prove that photo genuine do
you? Since per se if a photo exist it is a genuine photo. As to the
question, does the photo represent a solder at his moment of death,
that is another matter altogether.
But, it does seem to me that in a front line under fire situation a
photographer may of aimed at a man just at the solder's most unlucky
moment, when he was hit by a bullet.
Anyway, my thoughts for the day.

Regards,
Michael