Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit 90mm question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:18:57 -0600

It sounds expensive to me as the way you describe the lens it is in "user"
condition. Maybe around $400 would be better? Having said that, you are
right in the low end of the price range for one of the greatest M lenses
ever. The 90/2.8 Elmarit-M is very inexpensive right now due to the mass
selling off to purchase the newish 90/2AA (guilty as charged). It is a
stunning lens period.

My first 90 was the TE and I had problems with flare. Others say their TEs
are fine so there is some sample variation out there at least. It also seems
to be susceptible to "something evil" attacking the rear element* which
cannot be repaired. Again some TEs are paper weights while others are fine.

John Collier

*See archives for way too many posts on this.