Subject: [Leica] photography in stores, malls, etc.
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:25:49 -0700

A few years ago, I was stopped from photographing the party I was
with at the checkout counter of a supermarket in Portugal.  I don't
know why.  Not knowing Portuguese but assuming that Spanish would
work, I said: "Mis amigos," but the harridan, who outweighed me by at
least a factor of two, kept saying "No, no."

Since the camera was a Yashica T4 Super (aka T5), my mistake was not
using the waist-level finder.  It's been so many years since popular
cameras had waist-level finders that it's a great way to sneak
pictures.

Herb
- --
Herbert Kanner