Subject: Re: [Leica] Home depot and the rest
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:07:17 EDT

In a message dated 6/21/01 10:01:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bcaldwell@softcom.net writes:

<< The local municipal code where I live criminalizes trespass as "loitering"
- -
 remaining on private property without the owner's permission - still a
 misdeanor. Perhaps I should have referred to "loitering" rather than
 "trespass". >>

Bryan:

apart the tone, Marc is correct; crimes are defined by federal and state
statutes. Local communities have the authority to limit conduct by local
ordinance, provided the local rule does not conflict with federal or state
statute.  Seth  LaK 9