Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Not sharp @ f16
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:51:43 -0600

Have you tried cleaning the lens?

I used to be a purist and nothing touched my lenses from new. Caps and
filters were put on right away and that was that. I had a 28/3.5 Nikkor from
new that I was never happy with. It also had a small mark on the rear
element that would not come off with moist breath light rubbing. Finally as
I was selling off the last of my Nikon gear I gave it a full cleaning with
lens cleaning fluid, etc. The rear element was now clear and pristine!

I also purchased a Leica lens somewhat inexpensively as it had a mark on the
front coating. Again the usual moist breath and what not did nothing. After
a good cleaning the lens is again clear and pristine.

John Collier