Subject: Re: [Leica] matrix metering r8's and other stuff...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:17:11 -0700

><Snip>
>
> you can stick that f5 and the flash in program mode and all you have to
> worry about is putting what you want in the frame. push the button, let
> the vampire do all the work.
>
> kc

Just as long as you have a D lens.
That's much of what got me out of Nikon.

Set it to P. and with Tri x you are set at F5.6 two feet away.
The flash did not know how far away the lens was focusing.
And with all those little gold contacts in there all in a nice little row.
Now of course with a D lens you'd be set to f16 or 22 even.

On about every other camera system that was the case already. No need to trade
in all you glass for new ones in the 90's.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/